From the depths of the Maryland underground, Brake Fast Records is proud to present "Cases" - an album filled with witty lyrics, shifting stream of consciousness raps and intriguing storytelling, all backed by a dark, enthralling soundscape. With top notch production from beat extraordinaires Tom Delay, Mark Henry and Nick Tha 1da to put it simply...the album knocks!
"Cases" includes exceptional tracks from A-Class (who has been quickly making a name for himself in the Grind Time battle circuit), young Baltimore wordsmith Trace Blam and NC heavyhitter L.E.G.A.C.Y. who plays the role of the most corrupt checking in on "Officer Kickass". The remainder of the album includes tracks from a slew of Maryland emcees, namely Mic Brown, Seph Jones, 4th Down, A6, IronSoul and Xtra, who all provide outstanding contributions.
In the same vein as conceptual works like Prince Paul's "A Prince Among Thieves", this 1960's crime drama-inspired album is a breath of fresh air in these times of exhaustive mix-tape releases and the invariable LP format. As each detailed story advances the discordant plot line to play out more like murder mystery than an album, it is clear that "Cases" is not just another compilation.
released December 1, 2009
1. Trace Blam – Burn the Evidence (prod. by Tom Delay) 1:51
2. A-Class – Blame (prod. Nick Tha 1da) 2:39
3. Seph Jones – No Actin’ (prod. by Tom Delay) 2:26
4. Dirt Platoon – Man vs. Man (prod. by Watts) 3:59
5. Electric Mixer (prod. by Tom Delay) 1:54
6. Mic Brown – Dr. Sir Gin (prod. by Nick Tha 1da, Glass I & Tekst) 3:31
7. A-Class – Case I Find (prod. by Tom Delay) 3:26
8. L.E.G.A.C.Y. – Officer Kickass (prod. by Nick Tha 1da) 2:18
9. A6 – He Really Is (prod. by Mark Henry) 1:51
10. Xtra – X’ed Out (prod. by Tom Delay) 3:02
11. IronSoul – This I.S. (prod. by Tom Delay) 2:35
12. A Message From the Lieutenant (prod. by Tom Delay) 0:46
13. 4th Down – Convictim (prod. by Mark Henry and Tom Delay) 4:51
All cuts by Tom Delay
Executive production by Tom Delay